Stuck in a creative rut? Have writer’s block? Blogging for a living can be wonderful, but it can also mean that you have moments where you feel lost or can’t find inspiration for your next post.
If you’re ready to write but can’t find the right ideas, we’re here to help. Here are 60 blog post ideas for your beauty blog — plus some bonus tips on how to create repeatable content for your blog each month.
60 Post Ideas for Beauty Bloggers
We’ve organized these beauty blog post ideas for you by section, so you can easily jump ahead to the type of content you want to write about:
Don’t miss our bonus tips at the end on blog post ideas that you can repeat each month or seasonally!
Everyone starts somewhere, and when you’re new to beauty, makeup, and skincare it can feel intimidating. Turn your passion for beauty into helpful content that encourages your readers to try something new and discover their own love for beauty.
- The Ultimate Guide to Beauty for Beginners
- How to Find Your Beauty Style
- 7 Beauty Tips for Beginners
- How to Build Your Makeup Collection
- 5 Beauty Essentials Everyone Should Have in Their Collection
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Beauty
- The Best Beauty Basics
- 25 Makeup Tips for Beginners
- A Beginner’s Guide to Skincare
- Makeup Tutorial for Beginners
A good skincare routine is something that’s easily overlooked, but so important not just for improving the way our makeup looks but for keeping it healthy. Inspire your readers to take care of their skin and find the right skincare products for them.
- 5 Habits of People With Great Skin
- How to Figure Out Your Skin Type
- 10 Natural Skincare Products to Try This Year
- My Daily Skincare Routine
- The Best Skincare Products for Oily Skin
- 7 Skin Care Tips for Dry Skin
- Spend vs. Save — Where to Invest In Your Skincare
- How to Get Glowing Skin
- The Best Budget Skincare Products
- How to Make Your Own Face Masks
Whether you have a full stash of makeup or you prefer a minimalist approach, as a beauty blogger your makeup tips and looks are a fan favorite. Keep your makeup content fresh with product reviews, makeup looks, beauty secrets, and your own personal insights.
- My Everyday Makeup Routine
- 5 Products You Need in Your Makeup Collection
- The Best Budget Beauty Products
- 7 Cruelty-Free Makeup Brands I Love
- My 10-Minute Makeup Routine
- 5 Beauty Secrets From Professional Makeup Artists
- What’s In My Makeup Bag
- Organizing My Makeup Collection
- My “No Makeup” Beauty Look
- What’s on My Beauty Wishlist for 2018
There’s something special about freshly painted nails. They always look great at the salon, but how do you recreate the look at home? Help your readers to take care of their nails and learn the art of nail care so they can try the trends at home.
- Tour My Nail Polish Collection
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Nails Strong
- Why You Should Always Use a Base Coat
- 15 of My Favorite Nail Art Looks
- The Best Affordable Nail Care Brands
- 5 Holy Grail Nail Shades
- How to Get Started With Nail Art
- The Best Nail Colors for Work
- How to Take Better Care of Your Nails
- A Beginner’s Guide to Nailcare
Affordable beauty products are always getting better, and often you can buy dupes of high-end products that give almost the same look for less. People are always looking for alternatives to more expensive holy grail products, so affordable beauty posts are a great way to attract new readers.
- How to Get the Luxe Look for Less
- 7 Affordable Beauty Brands I Love
- 10 Beauty Must-Haves Under $20
- The Best Places to Shop for Affordable Beauty
- 5 Drugstore Makeup Brands to Try
- My 2018 Budget Beauty Haul
- 5 Affordable Makeup Products I Swear By
- The Best Makeup Dupes for High End Products
- Follow Me Around — Budget Beauty Shopping
- The Best Affordable Makeup Brushes
On the other end of the scale, some people love and only use high-end beauty products. If your readers are loyal to luxury brands, turn them into fans with details on the latest releases, product reviews, and luxury beauty gifting ideas.
- My Top High-End Beauty Brands
- Affordable vs. High-End Beauty — Does It Matter?
- 5 High-End Products I Can’t Live Without
- Where to Shop For High-End Beauty
- My Evening Makeup Look With Luxury Products
- Why I Buy High-End Beauty Products
- The Best Luxury Products to Gift This Christmas
- 10 Reasons to Invest in High-End Beauty
- Where to Buy Luxury Beauty for Less
- How to Make Your High-End Beauty Products Last Longer
Monthly Content Ideas for Your Beauty Blog
One of the best ways to encourage people to keep coming back to your blog is to create a blog series or posts that you repeat on a regular basis. Not only are these types of posts popular with readers, but they can help you stay consistent with your content throughout the year.
Here are five different content ideas that you can repeat monthly or regularly on your blog:
1. Product Reviews
Product reviews are a great way to connect with your readers and show them that you care about the products you share with them. Reviews can help your blog be found more easily too, as you can optimize them for search engine queries and reach people who are looking for the exact product your post is about.
Hauls are another popular type of content for beauty and fashion blogs and vlogs. If you’ve been shopping recently, why not take some time to photograph what you’ve bought or film a video and share this on your blog? You could do a haul from a specific store, a seasonal haul, a haul for creating a certain look — the options are endless.
3. Makeup Looks
Speaking of makeup looks, these are so popular with readers who want to master the art of makeup but aren’t sure how or which products to use. You can create looks based on makeup trends, celebrity makeup looks, or seasons — for example, a winter beauty look. Create a step-by-step guide to help them recreate your makeup look at home, and make sure you link to the products you’ve used (using an affiliate link if you can).
As a beauty blogger you probably use lots of different products every month to test them out and discover which ones you’d like to write about. For readers, sharing your “empties” — products that you’ve used up fully — helps them understand which products you loved the most and would repurchase again.
5. Monthly Favorites
Monthly favorites are popular posts on any blog or YouTube channel, and especially so with beauty, fashion, and lifestyle bloggers. These favorites posts are a perfect way to introduce your readers to new products, brands you love, and also a few lifestyle favorites thrown in that help them get to know you better.
Grow Your Beauty Blog
We hope this list of beauty blog ideas has inspired you to get creative and plan out your next few blog posts. Make sure you bookmark this post or save it to Pinterest so you’ll always have a list of ideas nearby.
To help your blog posts stand out and reach your audience, have a look at our guide on how to write a great blog post. It takes you through the key elements of a successful blog post — including how to create a powerful headline, why you should use imagery, and how to connect with your readers.